Tuesday, May 22, 2007

ALASKA

I am here. I have made the trip to the beautiful state of Alaska. It was long and worth every second of it. I got to see some of the most beautiful scenery that I have ever laid eyes on. We all drove through the Northern Rockies. It was one of Canada's National Forests called Banff. I even walked on a melting ice lake. Don't ask me why I did this I still am trying to figure out why I did that.

When we all made it up here I was in awe. I have missed this place since I rode the ferry out in 2005. I am part of a 14 member staff and four of which are women. I feel so blessed to be along side of these people. The Lord has really been showing me so much these last few days. I have been pretty much overwhelmed and I have been appointed so many duties that I don't know where to start. I am in charge of all the supplies of this Project. You might be thinking, "Oh that doesn't sound that bad." But think about managing stuff for 4o people and then on top of that growing men and doing ministry. It's crazy and all I can do is completely give myself up to the Lord and let him work through me and delegate tasks to others. Its pretty crazy.

Also, I found out that I forgot to budget support for my food this summer so I am about $1000 short of what I need for this summer. I am not going to lie but it is hard for me to have faith that the Lord will provide and at the same time take an initiative in raising more support.

Well, I need to go and get going on some more stuff today. I love you all and I hope to be able to inform you all more on what God is doing here this summer!

No comments: