Tuesday, June 19, 2007

An Everyday Missionary

Wow, its been awhile since my last post. Again so much has happened. Besides all that, I really just want to tell you what has been laid on my heart the last few days. I have really thinking about what the whole concept of this summer project is. We have a mission,vision, and values. Those of which are; our mission is to equip the men and women in Juneau to become missional Christ-centered laborers, our vision is to trust God to raise up 35 movements across Juneau, and our values are having a "white-hot" faith, effective evangelism, authentic relationships, and never walking alone. I love all of these.
Some time ago someone told me, I don't know who, told me that real life isn't like project. I have been pondering that statement a lot these past couple of weeks. I really used to look at that statement as absolute truth and that accept that the community and vision and drive was only something that could happen on a summer project. But the Lord has really been speaking to my heart and chipping away at that belief. Also the Lord has been asking me if I want to believe it as well. I don't. I desire that my whole life would be as this fruitful and purposeful.
Now, I will agree that when I am in school life is harder, there are tons of events, due dates, test, stuff, and etc.. But that is always gonna be there because that is the culture there.
So I guess what I am trying say, and what I feel I am doing poorly at as of right now, is that I want to be a missionary at my school. The Lord has placed me there for some reason and blessed me tons while I have been there. I am sure that most of you already see me as that but I feel as if I have never ever said that or really had that as my mindset.
This is my last year at Kansas State University. I will be a fifth year senior, an RA, and involved with Campus Crusade for Christ. I want to ask that the Lord would bring tons of people to Christ this coming year and that they would change the world. This is no huge prayer. It is a small one. Also I pray that the Lord will use me to make this happen. I am tired of small prayers that are for little things. I ask for the Nations and I pray the the Lord starts this year with my campus and that the students at Kansas State University would be filled with this huge pain to know the Lord of all. I want to pull out all the stops and be filled with the Lord himself as this upcoming year begins. I pray that all of you would pray for all of what was just said.

"Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.""
~Matthew 28:18-20

The Lord ask us to make disciples of all nations, and he tells me that he is with me always. So I am going to start at Kansas State University and go where ever the Lord tells me.

No comments: