Monday, June 4, 2007

Juneau, AK

I have so much to say to you all. So many things have happened while I have been here. I don't even know where to start at all. First, I had a talk with one of my friends this past week. Her and I have been close friends her since I have came back from Alaska in 2005. That was a tough conversation. Lots of praying and talking to my fellow staff after that one.
Then on last Saturday we all went out to Echo Ranch Camp with at risk children. The Lord really provided for that day. First off, some of the guys went out to raise money for it last on Monday last week and we got $900 more than we even needed for it. Then a couple of radio stations decided to make free public service announcements all week for us! It was so awesome.
Then we went out to the camp and just loved on the kids. We played games and just talked to them about stuff. It was so cool.
Then, on Sunday, I went to Kristine's graduation party. Kristine is one of my many adopted sisters that I have in various parts of the world. It was a cool party. I was the only white person there for like and hour as well as I was the tallest one as well. They were all Filipino. Then afterwards, I went and got a chance to hang out with Billie. She is Kristine's younger sister. She is an awesome woman. I know that she is only 15 but has been through so much and really had to grow up ahead of her time. She is another little sister to me. I got a chance to talk to her a lot last night and get to know her a lot more. I would ask that you would be praying for her a lot. Pray she would find a female to really open up to and that she would be able to trust others.
Today is big meeting day. All the staff meet today and go over the whole week's agenda. I am really excited about this stuff. We talked about the movements that we are praying by faith that God will launch through us. Also we talked about our core values of the Project this summer. Relationships, Evangelism, Prayer, and meeting new people. These are huge. Because we are doing something so different than what we have done in the past and its weird but awesome at the same time. Another sweet tidbit for this week, I think I might get to go to some native village this Thursday to be a pioneer. That means that I get to go with Craig to make contacts with a kind of closed community and this will lead to spreading the Gospel of Christ!!! Wow! PRAY FOR THAT!!

No comments: